Meetups are a popular item at many conferences, also going by the name “birds of a feather.” Meetups are usually held in the panic room, the hospitality suite, poolside, or at the bar or restaurant.
Any interest related to costuming can be a meetup. Past topics have included: Knitting, Harry Potter, Firefly, Star Trek, Greater Bay Area Costumers, Star Wars, crocheting, leatherwork, and more. Any topic that interests you in costuming can become a meetup.
We love that so many of our attendees plan Meetups at our event and we’d like to help promote them! If you are planning or have interest in a Meetup at Costume College, send us the information, and we’ll post the info on our social media pages!
Please be sure to include the following details when sending info about a group meet-up at Costume College:
1. What Time will you meet up? (ex. are you getting together for a group photo & telling people to meet up at a certain time?)
2. Where will you meet up? (Please provide a point of reference so people can find you!)
3. Is there are specific costume or uniform description that you are all following?
4. Can anyone else meet up with you?
5. Do you have a Website, Facebook event page or group, or other social media that you want to reference?